Posted by Mallory RB Ledford on
Melissa is the younger sister Lauren, one of my very favorite person in the whole wide world. Melissa is every bit as sweet as Lauren, as I knew she would be! Melissa, her other sister Hannah, and mother came all the way from Iowa to Kentucky to visit Lauren and her husband (who you will soon be seeing on the blog along with their baby bump!), and I was honored to visit with them, too, and be able to shoot Melissa’s Senior photos! Please enjoy!
Lauren’s Husband did the above chalk art on their carport while we were out. He is an amazing artist!
1. Full Name? Melissa Claire Belzer. I was named after two of my great-grandmas. Melissa Belzer was my dad’s grandma. Clara Ratliff was my mom’s grandma.
2. What groups/organizations were you a part of? I was a part of Choir, Color Guard, Quiz Bowl, Drama, Cheerleading, Upward Bound, Yearbook, Honor Roll, and Youth Group in high school.
3. What do you want to be when you grow up? When I finish college, I am hoping to go into advertising.
4. College(s) of choice? For college, I will have my freshman year done before I graduate high school, through Indian Hills Community College. I will then spend another year at IHCC obtaining my AA in English/Literature. After which I dream of attending Truman State, Kirksville, Mo.
5. Major/area(s) of study? A major in English and a minor in Communications and a minor in Psychology.
6. What achievement are you most proud of? I have two achievements I am most proud of, they are landing a lead role in our play, Those Crazy Ladies In The House On The Corner, my junior year. Also, reading 65 books between my sophomore and junior year.
7. What is the best advice your parents ever gave you? The best advice my parents have ever given me is to not care what others think about me, as long as I do my best, I can achieve anything I wish.
8. Favorite memory of high school? My favorite memory of high school is winning a Quiz Bowl tournament. things
9. Favorite quote? “I can do all things through HIm who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 : 13
10. What are you looking forward to most? I am looking forward to fulling God’s will for me, and becoming the woman He needs me to be.