My baby girl is growing up so fast! At 7 months she seems to be doing something new every week. Recently she has been sitting up on her own quite well, got her first tooth, and smiles more and more. She is also really liking all of the solid food we have introduced to her, which I am making all of it myself. Not only is it way cheaper than jar food, but I feel better knowing exactly what my baby is eating. I will share recipes soon, and feel free to share your recipes, too! Stay tuned for that!
Melissa is the younger sister Lauren, one of my very favorite person in the whole wide world. Melissa is every bit as sweet as Lauren, as I knew she would be! Melissa, her other sister Hannah, and mother came all the way from Iowa to Kentucky to visit Lauren and her husband (who you will soon be seeing on the blog along with their baby bump!), and I was honored to visit with them, too, and be able to shoot Melissa’s Senior photos! Please enjoy!
Lauren’s Husband did the above chalk art on their carport while we were out. He is an amazing artist!
1. Full Name? Melissa Claire Belzer. I was named after two of my great-grandmas. Melissa Belzer was my dad’s grandma. Clara Ratliff was my mom’s grandma.
2. What groups/organizations were you a part of? I was a part of Choir, Color Guard, Quiz Bowl, Drama, Cheerleading, Upward Bound, Yearbook, Honor Roll, and Youth Group in high school.
3. What do you want to be when you grow up? When I finish college, I am hoping to go into advertising.
4. College(s) of choice? For college, I will have my freshman year done before I graduate high school, through Indian Hills Community College. I will then spend another year at IHCC obtaining my AA in English/Literature. After which I dream of attending Truman State, Kirksville, Mo.
5. Major/area(s) of study? A major in English and a minor in Communications and a minor in Psychology.
6. What achievement are you most proud of? I have two achievements I am most proud of, they are landing a lead role in our play, Those Crazy Ladies In The House On The Corner, my junior year. Also, reading 65 books between my sophomore and junior year.
7. What is the best advice your parents ever gave you? The best advice my parents have ever given me is to not care what others think about me, as long as I do my best, I can achieve anything I wish.
8. Favorite memory of high school? My favorite memory of high school is winning a Quiz Bowl tournament. things
9. Favorite quote? “I can do all things through HIm who strengthens me.” Philippians 4 : 13
10. What are you looking forward to most? I am looking forward to fulling God’s will for me, and becoming the woman He needs me to be.
Mitch and Cassie are two very special people. They are both light hearted and genuin, a couple truly made for each other, and you can certainly tell it. Sadly I did not get to go to their wedding… they went to Las Vegas and got hitched! (I love these stories!) When they returned to Kentucky there was a nice reception at his parents’ house, which was P-E-R-F-E-C-T. And before the reception they took a little time with me to have some romantic photos made! Please enjoy!
Above- see the white things in the water… those are HUGE catfish! There were TONS of them. AH-mazing.